Thursday, January 26, 2006

While Birch Trees Sway

Delving into old journals and letters
Written once upon a time
I float on rivers of ink
And escalate jagged dunes of paper,
Tales unfurl across deserts
And barren lands,
Through oases of living springs
And watered gardens of life.

As the plot unfolds I see,
This far your hand has taken me
Lovingly and faithfully,
To strange and familiar lands
Through dry soils and flooded grounds,
Walking me over bent iron bars
Leaving only the fetters of your love
To shackle me to the pulse of your passion.

Here, where the sidewalk ends,
Here is where you've come to find me
Maps and territories
Still a mystery to me;
But now your presence is all I need.

I have watched fragile leaves dance

In the autumn gleam,
Watched the wind cushion their fall
Ushering them to softer grounds;
I have watched barks sway
In the northern howling winds,
I have pierced through snow buried treasures
Where intimate strangers find solace;
I have hung my dreams on my ceiling
And watched them smile down on me,
I have listened to photographs
Silently recount, in brilliant tones,
Times when my heart was soaring.

But it's here, where the sidewalk ends,
Here is where you are
To still my questions,
Enveloped in your presence
You dissipate my confusion.


You walk alongside me
Still taking me along your journey,
Lovingly and faitfully.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thais said...

wow, really good. but really. i like the 4th "verse" a lot, as in, I think it's briliant.
you also used the word "territory" - I was wondering, is it French territory, or Swiss? Goulash?

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home