Thursday, January 13, 2005

An Accidental Theft, An Enlightening One Nonetheless

In the hope of fooling the masses into thinking that I'm an organised student, I finally decided it was time to classify my notes into a folder. Mind you, I was also overcome with compassion, and quite rightly so, may I add: those poor things had been neglected for long enough, gathering dust in a corner of my desk. In the midst of this grand entrepreneurial task of mine, I was faced with a rather shocking truth: there in the middle of my not so structured notes lay an alien printout of B. Weiner's "Attribution Theory". I tried to come up with rational explanations as to how it could have ended up in my belongings. Maybe I had just unraveled a dangerous conspiracy that had been brewing in my room for three whole months, between psychology and anthropology theorists... Perhaps they had even been planning to overthrow the world - goodness me, I had just saved the world. Truth is, after running out of perspicacious explanations, it all boiled down to one harsh truth. On one occasion, I must have rushed to collect what I had just printed out, and oblivious to that particular Weiner printout already sitting on the tray waiting to be collected by its owner, I grabbed hold of all the papers there, and walked away with more than I had bargained for. Because we humans are plagued with pervasive guilt, I must dispel any ill thoughts lurking in your mind and assure you that my theft was very much a mistake and an accident I deeply regret. Please accept my apologies, wrath-free, if possible, it would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Naturally, everything happens for a reason, and great things emanate from such undecent events. Let me tell you that I have greatly learned from this experience: according to the attribution theory, high achievers will approach rather than avoid tasks related to succeeding because they believe sucess is due to high ability and effort which they are confident of! Let me also point out that going through three months worth of note-taking paper sensitised me to the bravery of those poor trees who traded a happy life in the forest for a hampered existence in a folder. I've already planned to sue tree-butchers due to my minor snowboarding accident (I nevertheless did have to fast from snowboarding for two whole days!), and I firmly believe that all this paper waste will be another valid argument to build up my case. I'll keep you posted as to when I start my Save The Trees campaign, rest assured.

I suggest you "accidently" pick up printed articles from printer trays to heighten and embellish your knowledge scope, as I clearly have mine. Be sure to put them back where you found them once you're done though; three months down the line is slightly late for one to repair a crime of such nature.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thais said...

Wow, you write really well.

Your lovely sister who loves you and your armpits.

Do I embarrass you?

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home