Sunday, June 26, 2005

<< Rewind <<


"Family photos depict smiling faces, births, weddings, holidays, children's birthday parties. People take pictures of the happy moments in their lives. Someone looking through our photo album would conclude that we had led a joyous, leisurly existence, free of tragedy. No one ever takes a photograph of something they want to forget."








"I'm sure my customers never think about it, but these snapshots are their little stands against the flow of time. The shutters click, the flash goes off, and they've stopped time for just the blink of an eye. And if these pictures have anything important to say to future generations, it's this: 'I was here. I existed. I was young. I was happy. And someone cared enough about me in this world to take my picture.'"















"Most people don't take snapshots of the little things; the used band aid, the guy at the petrol station, the wasp on the jello. But these are the things that make up the true pictures of our lives. People don't take pictures of these things."









Quotes from "One Hour Photo"

My ears are currently seduced by: Patti Griffin - random songs of hers

1 Comments:

Blogger J.T. Noels said...

"Expression is the child of all Passions. Even in the expression of small things, especially in the small things, one can show his/her heart and transmit his/her passions to others who can share their heart."
J.T. Noels

Keep showing your heart to us, sister...

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home