Sunday, June 19, 2005

Good Day Sunshine

When a heat wave was forecast, I thought to myself, "right, if this is anything like wintertime's big hoo-ha that was caused when they announced snow (2 centimeters of it fell), it won't be THAT hot. This is England, after all, it probably just means the fog will lift and it'll remain dry for a few days."

I couldn't have been more wrong. Sometimes it's good to trust the weather forecast. This heat, whether it comes in waves or not, is hot. You sit still and end up swimming in a puddle of sweat 30 minutes down the line. Wet with sweat, you couldn't have it any other way.

Back home, when I tell people I study in England, they automatically frown in despair and say "oh...that place where it always rains!" (now you see where I get my weather forecast cynicism from). I believe my brother has chosen the right week to come visit me - in an effort to umask the truth about English weather, I have scheduled many 'tanning-sessions' while he's here. By this, I believe my point will be more tangibly communicated to the ignorant masses of the continent.


The sun does shine on this isle.

My ears are currently seduced by: Third Eye Blind - Out Of The Vein

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now let me tell you more about the message:

I was watching this movie while I was at Canterburry, in my sister's room. And in this movie, there were poetic scenes of photographs and picture related stuff. My sister then asked me (of course at the time when I had to be watching the movie) if she could just write down the Robin Williams quotes.
She did that thrice, because of the three poetic scenes. I dont know what you think about being interupted during a movie, but anyways...
Then as I read todays post, I find out that what she had earlier wrote down, doesnt figure on the message. After all, what was the point of writting down beautiful quotes, and interrupting my time if the quotes didn't figure on the message?
Tough question.
Just think before calling her up to invite her to watch a movie in which a scene should be considered poetic...

Brother Papi

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THIRD EYE BLIND ROOOOOOOCK!!!! THEY ROOOOOOOOCKK!!!
YEAH!
And you know what else rocks? Jelly!!!!
YEAAAAAH IT ROOOOCKS!!!!! LIKE A FOOOOOX!!! IN A TUUUUUOX!!!
Anyone who says any of those things do not rock, I'll see you outside, to kick your face in.

Batman

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home