Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Rude Awakening

As I walk in from the cold
Your embrace melts away the snow,
From white flakes to clear pearls of water
Reflecting the world above, ovally warped,

You see the beauty in it all,
I wish I could see through the glass of your eyes.
You say you'll take me there one day
Plunge me into that perspective
Where the grass always looks green
No matter what the season.
I would love to waste more time with you
Turn my back on what awaits me
Once I depart the comfort of your arms,
Far from the claustrophobic clutter of my life
Where everything resonates with hollow emptiness
And where silence is painfully deafening.


If I could skip this chapter,
I wouldn't hesitate to turn the page
But reason and "common sense"
Have tied my wings down, and I can't shut my eyes
On the constellation of my frustration.
I can also find You here
And I'll search harder if that's what it takes
Through the blur of what I once thought I understood.


I manufacture contentment
While I can't seem to unravel any loose explanation
For what gave birth to my fall,

Like Icarus I collide,
What put an end to my season by the Son?
The sunshine leaks in through my window
And wraps itself around me,

Bringing solace in the storm.
As I search the horizon for a higher calling
I see the planes ornate the sky with pink streaks,
And as they soar at heights where beauty surrounds
They leave me wishing my destination was so well defined.
Take these broken and aching pieces of my soul, Lord,
Let me be still in Your rushing waters,
Soften my edges, cracked and dry,

Flood this jar of clay with Your living waters,
Beckon Your homesick child ashore.

Let me find rest in You; in the hands of The Potter.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a depth of beauty resounds through each word
an intense hunger roars through each sentence

wow

one day we'll be free forever...
one day we'll be embraced forever...
till then we ache to be close to our Father

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home