Friday, April 22, 2005

The Me You Never Knew

Before I even had a chance to get up from my seat after our lecture had ended, I got harassed by a fellow cultural studies student: "Jeanne!" she called out, "have you seen the movie called 'The Educators'?". Puzzled that she knew my name, and thinking it might have been the english translation for the French movie "Les Choristes", I thought I knew what she was talking about. "Uhm, maybe...?" I replied.

"You really really look like one of the main characters in that movie. I really wondered if it was you while I was watching it." That was enough to make me realise that we weren't talking about the same movie - the movie I had in mind is one full of youngsters; boys. After a brief moment of pretending I had starred in this German movie (it wasn't French after all) and bragging about my fluent German aptitude, I cut the crap and signed an autograph.

Naturally, the first thing I did when getting home was to check out who this imposter was. You see all this time I thought God had said I was unique. I thought God had created my inmost being and had knit me together in my mother's womb in His very own image. Understandably I had to figure out what this was all about.

Well before you explode with impatience, here's a sneak peek ... here I am in my very first movie: by the way - we unfortunately don't look alike, but if I ever want to get VIP access to the Cannes Festival, for a casual chat with Mr. Edward Norton, I'll know who to abduct and impersonate, ja ja meine Freunde!


My ears are currently seduced by: The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

2 Comments:

Blogger Thais said...

can I have a chat with Edward Norton?

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ach, jeanne. You make me laugh, and i actually laughed out loud for this blog. You look more like the lead actor in "Les Choristes" than this girl. Jeanne, you are so witty and interesting. If i were a guy, i'd marry you ;)
lucie

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home