Wednesday, April 06, 2005

One Eighty Times Two – For Whenever This May Find You

You were in my dream last night
We ran down the hills, against the wind
Through the knee-high grass; careless
We wrote poetry in the morning sky
With our kites, extending from our hearts

We laughed til our legs gave way
And in the sunshine we lay
Sinking into the grass
Caressed by the soft breeze

Nurtured by the sweet aroma
Rising from the springtime blossoms
You read me your favourite book,
I drank in your words
And when the sun was at its highest
We found rest in each other's love

'We'll see it all, see it with a view
If we just climb up that mount'
- One eighty times two.
You carried me on your shoulders
We took turns reaching for the sky's dome

I spoke of unsung melodies
Asked if you could hear the harmonies
You spoke of hidden treasures
Asked if I'd be the rose in your wild meadows

We watched the nightfall
Come down upon us,
Slumber's veil swathed around us,
The stars softly lit the dark enveloping canopy;
I found solace in the warmth of your presence


Daybreak; only your shadow lingers
Too close to see, too far to seize
But still dancing on my walls,
Still dancing in my mind,
Still present in everything I see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Swapna said...

read some of your poems .. very very nice :)

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home