Monday, June 27, 2005

Self Portrait

These are my thoughts after Day One of my summer job in an old people's home:

- The bike ride to my job is beautiful, cool and calm at this time of the morning (6:30)

- I can't believe I'm actually wearing this hideous outfit (see drawing above). Good thing I'm not trying to impress anyone, I feel ridiculous enough as it is

- old people can be really cute

- but I hope my Father takes me Home before I become too old and senile

- I don't understand the theory behind ironing boxer shorts/pyjamas? (had to iron today, oh dear...I hadn't ironed anything since I was 10, when I thought it was great fun ironing napkins and the like. I think I got back in touch with my ironing side)

- who designs old people's clothes? Although, in the heaps of clothes we washed, I actually saw one very cool sweatshirt. Almost stole it, but thought I'd wait for the last day to do that


- by the end of July, I'll know how to speak Portuguese and Spanish, it's all I hear all day

- my boss is hilarious

- it's weird, I feel like I've been working here forever already, it's been really easy to settle in

- I like this job, I have the time to think about everything and nothing all at once

- I have a weird obsession with clean clothes, and the smell of washing product (I think that on hot summer days, I could fall asleep in a bunch of freshly cleaned clothes...I'm a bit strange)

- it's painful having to stand up for over 7 hours (RSI looks inevitable)

- the last thing I want to do is bike home (but it wasn't so bad in the end)

- I need a shower and a nap

So off I go...

My ears are currently seduced by: My summer mix

1 Comments:

Blogger Strangeliz said...

i would LOVE to c u with this trendy iniform..lol!!!
happy 4 u that u enjoy ur job!!!!
(i wanted to post smthg else to but alzheimer....)lol

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home