Wednesday, June 29, 2005

When It Rains In June

I love the smell after it rains.

I biked home under a light shower, a dark cloud followed me home; the mountains around me were still lit with the afternoon's sunshine.

I felt the rain drops splash against my face and arms. Heard the distant rolling thunder above my folk-ey mix streaming through my ears. Felt the warmth from the asphalt. Smelled the corn and wheat fields get wet. Watched the birds fly out to find shelter. Smiled.

It started pouring when I walked into my house.

Thank you Jesus.



2 Comments:

Blogger J.T. Noels said...

Super-beau, Masoeur!!! Cela me rappelle combien Genève me manque et comment il ne sera pas possible d'y venir cet été, vu que personne ne veut m'héberger... J'ai senti la pluie sur mes lèvres quand j'ai lu ton poème... Ooh ça m'a trop touché, m^eme si je l'ai lu en vitesse. Ici la chaleur est insupportable, ce serait bien d'avoir un peu de pluie!
Tu devrais pas écouter de la musique pendant que tu vas en vélo! Il suffit un moment d'inattention!... Ciao, jouis de Genève pour moi!
Joey

4:12 PM  
Blogger Strangeliz said...

quelle chance!!
ici il fait 40 degres!!! ahhhh!
moi aussi jadore cet odeur...on dirai que la terre 'seleve' in the air...
hihi
:P

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home