Thursday, February 10, 2005

Just A Fleeting Thought...

I must stay I am still very much amazed at the way people stand in neat lines at the bus stop, out of all places - who really cares who gets in first...but that's just my philosophy, I suppose. It probably would get very messy if that inherent quality the Brits are blessed with was to be thwarted. Well, anyways, I was being sheepish again tonight and stood in the neatly ordered line, waiting for the bus under the light drizzle of the rain, thinking what a wonderful evening it was. In front of me was a couple, and I must confess that I was rudely eavesdropping on their conversation. But it's ok, because it's not as if they were talking about the sunshine, or rather, the non existent sunshine. She was actually complaining about various things, so her tone of voice caught my attention. She went on and on about things that had happened to her during the day and her man just stood there listening to her discontented heart. Without interrupting her, he took her bag from her hands, put it down at his feet and leaned forward to hug her. Her despondency gently faded away and when she lifted her head from his embrace, her frown was turned around and a laugh arose from her comforted heart.

Ok, so I was doing more than just eavesdropping, I was intently STARING at them - no, I was being discrete, do not worry. I was a spy in my previous life.

I actually thought, that's just how my Father's dealt with me, in retrospect to these past weeks especially. I've come to Him with my complaints, my questions, and my frustrations. My misunderstandings, my cynical and calloused heart, my unyielding spirit, and He's simply stooped down to hold me. Hold me until my disheartenment was quietened away. Hold me until a new song was flowing from my heart and laughter was on my lips. He quietly took my burdensome baggage, left it at his feet and sent me off: "Travel light, My child."


"Just close your eyes and listen real close, so close you'd hear your heartbeat. And may its rhythm lull you to rest on this peaceful or unsettled night: For it's the whisper of His love for you. For it's His whisper saying 'I love you'."
Koo Chung

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ach! i am overthrown by the beauty of these blogs. Let's keep it public...(note the "l")
lucie

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home