Saturday, July 09, 2005

...


Tales of two cities
Originally uploaded by Drift Words.
Haven't really taken the time to sit down and think about this. I'm still left with my initial thought of "why?". Just why? What's this going to advance besides unforgiveness, intensified hatred and further the antagony swelling between the west and "the others".

Lost somewhere in between frustration, incoherence and desensitisation, I wonder if it has actually sunk in.

I was ironing sheets when someone at my work place came in and said bombs had exploded in London. I didn't entertain many thoughts about it. I didn't understand the context.

Later on, I was bringing something over to the changing rooms and one of the nurses stopped me to bring me to the nearest television to see the mediated version of what had happened.

This picture caught my attention. I'm still left with one question: "why?"

This hasn't failed to remind me we live in a fallen world. Rotten to the core.

The roots go deep. The shoots never cease to entangle this world.

I wonder, where is God's glory displayed in this?

But shall what is formed say to him who formed it, "He did not make me"? Can the pot say of the potter, "He knows nothing"? - Does a book say to its author, "He didn't write a word of me"? Isaiah 29:16b

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try a little tenderness. -Otis Redding

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The truth now
Tell 'em, tell 'em, tell 'em, tell 'em, tell, just tell me the truth now
Just tell me the truth now
Got to tell me no lie
I wanna tell you the truth now
Don't you, don't you tell me no lie, ah
Just tell me the truth now
Don't you, don't you tell me no lie girl, huh
Just tell me the truth now...

So tenderly said Otis.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home